Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sorbetto Tank Top

I've wanted to try this top from Colette pattern for some time but didn't have the time. Too many sewing projects on my mind that I've put this aside. The other day while I was sorting out my sewing table, I found the pattern and instruction. It was so easy and a quick project. Just 2 pattern pieces, cut on fold.

You can download the pattern from the Colette website. From cutting to sewing, I took less than 1 hour. The sewing of bias tape took the most time. And the most important thing is, it FITS!

I've always have some problem with store bought patterns as my bottom is heavier than my top. My waist measurement is way toooo far from the standard size if you go by my bust. I would say, I'm a pear shaped girl : P

Anyway, I took the size 4 and the armhole and neckline and fit is great! My bust is actually size 2 but my waist is size 4 so I decided to go for size 4. It is a right choice. So if you are like me, go for the wider of the 2 size. Colette blog has great information on sewing tips and the instruction is really clear.

My Sorbetto Tank Top
My Sorbetto Tank Top

Love the baby blue satin bias tape

See the 3 roses align nicely across the front pleats?

Closeup on the armhole and neckline that fits!
Ok, that will not be the last one that I make. Can't wait to make a few more with other versions - sleeves, collar, lace etc etc....

No comments: