Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Papaya Whip Linen Dress - Pattern from Ottobre 3/2011


I'm so excited to sew up this little dress from Ottobre Summer 2011 issue.

The name of this pattern is quite funny - Papaya Whip linen dress! Not sure why it's name that way but it was a good experience for me to sew my first Ottobre pattern.

It is a fully lined dress so I had to hand sew the zipper to the lining. Since it is lined, all the raw edges are enclosed so it is really professional looking when finish. The pattern recommends using a linen fabric but I use 2 fabric instead of one.  A blue polka dots cotton as a contrasting fabric panels on the sides.  The back bodice is the polka dots as well.




Since it is a first Ottobre pattern for me, I was stumbled in the beginning to get the correct measurement. In the end, I go for size 92 which I think it's a bit tight at the arm hole for my chubby girl. Next time, I'll go for 98 or even 104.

I've learnt a lot from this pattern but because there is no step by step guide or pictorial help here, so I had to depend on my previous sewing experience to figure out the steps. If you are adventurous like me, go ahead and try it. The patterns are so pretty and I can hardly resist. One bonus is, there are a lot of boys clothes and they are so cute and refreshing design that I was even tempted to try out!  

No comments: