Had been eyeing the Macaron pattern for a long long time but finally decided to purchase it and pay the hefty shipping charges. The blogland has been full of Macaron and recently with the Macaron sew-along for Colette 2.0, I was further tempted with the floods of Macarons.
My inspiration of macarons online here and here.
I didn't have the courage to do the sew-along since I'm quite tight on my schedule and I don't want to be super stressed than I already am. It's good to see so many tips on sewing up the Macaron and it really helped me alot to get started.
One advice that kept coming up is the making of a muslin. I didn't quite have this habit before since it's like a waste of time to do 2 garments. But with the Macaron, I didn't want to take the risk of sewing something and get the shock that it didn't fit. So, I went to the paper patterns and get the closest estimation by comparing my 3 vitals (Bust, Waist, Hips) after taking away the seams allowance.
It seems like my figure spread over 3 sizes! 2-4-6 for Bust, Waist and Hip! Oh dear, I know I'm a pear shape but this is challenging. I hope I can fit all the seams in the end! Anyway, I took the advice to trace out the patterns so I can go back to them again if the size is off.
Cut out the paper patterns and now to the muslin making. I'm using a Ikea cotton that I bought a long time ago for this. Will share more soon.