Monday, May 28, 2012

New Look 6968 Dress



Made this dress a while ago but didn't have time to take photo of it. I love the pleated sleeves and darts at neckline. 

But this dress really has lots of pleats and darts! A total of 10 sleeve pleats and 22 darts on the neckline, bodice, skirts and the lining! I think after tying the knots at the end of the darts, I've gotten so efficient!

The fabric is Red cotton with polka dots that I got from Spotlight. I line it with a dark red polyester that was in my stash.  I used size 10 for the top and size 12 at waist and below. Shorten the hem a little.

I'm happy with the blind hem stitch that I did using the tutorial from Ashley.  Even though I don't have the blind hem sewing foot, I just sew very slowly and get the seam allowance to be consistent when I sew. Most of the time, I got a really nice blind stitch so I'm quite happy with it.

No comments: