Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sewing Books

I've been shopping lately....

Bought myself lots of sewing books....

I know I should have resisted....

But I just can't help it....

This is my second addiction, besides fabric...

Want to see what I've bought?

Mrs Stylebook - Spring 2011 and Summer 2011 issues 
- bought them from Kinokuniya Singapore. Only manage to get the back issues as the current issue was sold out!

Some of the patterns that I would love to try in this book

ruffle layer dress
sleeveless jumper dress

chiffon dress with lacey skirt


Simple+One 
- also got them from Kinokuniya Singapore. Love this knot layer dress.




And finally, I order the subscription for Ottobre magazines! I've been thinking for some time now to order and I'm glad I did. I order 4 issues/year of children magazine and they gave me 1 free back issue. Added another back issue for both children and woman. Even though I was told to wait up to 3 weeks, I think I got them in 2nd week. So happy! 




If you are familiar with japanese sewing pattern, this is quite similar in that the pattern pieces for all sizes are layer on top of one another. But instruction given is without the step by step pictorial guide but with written instructions. So, if you are a beginner, I would suggest to wait and see first. 



No comments: