Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Lunar New Year!



Lunar New Year is a celebration of the New Year according to the lunar calendar. Most Chinese around the world celebrate this time with gatherings of families and friends, mixed with good (and overflowing) food and lots of fun, laughter and of course, feasting!

Usually, we will deck our homes with lots of store bought red decorations but this year, we decided to go DIY.  We made the deco hanging on our ceiling with different red packets. It was really fun to do it with the kids.  The lantern above is done by my husband. He has fine fingers.


I did this gold fish. It was hard! The body is made from 4 pieces of red packets and the tail with 3. We had to make a pair. I taught my kids to do it and we have 4!


And of course, we didn't forget the traditional lanterns made from 12 red packets. This is done by my 9 year old. I didn't teach her, she copied from the one we did last year. Smart girl.

This year, I was focus and did finished up their new year clothes and PJs.  More on these in the next post.

No comments: