Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blue fleece dress



Another Winter sewing for me!  Pattern is from Ottobre 5/2009 Tunic pattern.

I used some blue fleece that I got on sale from Spotlight at $4/meter for this dress.  Lengthen the sleeve to my wrist and added a inseam pocket. I used size 36 which is slightly bigger but good for layering I guess (good excuse for poor judgement : P)

I love the neckband which is quite unique. I use a decorative stitch on my machine to top stitch around the neckband.



The color for the dress went off when I use my handphone to take photo. See how nicely flat the neckline is on me even though it is big. Yes, I wore it to office today cause the air con is seriously cold...


Dress with a belt to clinch it in. Waistline seems to be rather high but I think it is a design factor. 


This one is without belt.  See the difference?


I think it is also very twirling too since it is so big.  I love the dress though but next time, I'll go one size smaller.  It is nice and warm. Length wise it is just nice, touching my knee. The skirt was gathered using clear elastic which I think is really useful for having evenly space gathers. I just zig zag the clear elastic onto the seam allowance of the skirt panel. Length of the elastic is the same as your bodice so your final skirt will match the bodice width! easy.  


I also clear elastic on the shoulder seams which help to stablise the seams. The clear elastic is from a shop at Textile centre. I'm always happy to learn new sewing techniques from Ottobre.


I will definitely sew this again, in size 34.  I added inseam pocket for the dress so it was really good to put in my cold fingers. Next time, I'll try using a lighter knit or lycra for this.  

No comments: