Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Peter Pan Collar Sorbetto



This is another top that I've sewn using the tried and tested Sorbetto pattern from Colette Patterns.

This time, I've added a peter pan collar and sleeves.  I trace the neckline and self drafted the collar which is only on the front and bound the seams with black cotton bias tape. I've interfaced the collar to make it stays the shape.


The birdcage chiffon is from Spotlight which is surprisingly not difficult to sew. I was attracted by the cute print and the subtle blue and turquoise collar of the birds.  The collar compliment the black on the birdcage nicely.


For the sleeve, I've use the same sleeve piece from my earlier yellow blouse which fits the sorbetto really well. I bind the sleeve hem with the same black bias tape.


Here's the front view on me. I wore it to work and many thought it was store bought. I'm very happy! Next time I think I will make the neckline smaller and change it to a dress?


No comments: