Sunday, March 23, 2014

Yellow Blouse


The past week has been a fruitful sewing journey for me. Made 2 blouses and 1 skirt for myself, 2 skirts and a dress for my girls.  That explain why I've been missing for some time. Hard to take photo after the late night sewing and rushing to work in the day time.

Here's the first top I've sewn.  It's a pattern from Lady Boutique No. 485 for a loose blouse with notch and bias bound neckline.


I bought this soft butter yellow cotton from Spotlight. They are very airy and just the right drape for this type of blouse.  I omit the center seams and notch and cut my front on the fold.  The neckline is wide enough to slip through without the notch.

I bind the neckline and sleeve hem with these pretty floral bias tapes that I got from Daiso. The orange and yellow flower really makes the blouse so springy and pretty.




You can wear the blouse as it is, tuck out or tuck in.  Or you can wear with a belt.  I sew the remaining bias tape onto a grosgrain ribbon and use it as a belt.



I love the bias tapes and there are few more in blue, pink and yellow that I bought so can't wait to use them on my project.

No comments: