I made this from some cheap black lycra with stars print that I got from Spotlight. Since it was on sale, I grabbed a few meters, thinking that they can be use as muslin for some knit top/dress. I was doubtful if they are wearable since I'm not sure I can take those stars!
But surprise surprise. I like the new top after I've made it. The pattern is from New Look 6940 twisted front top View A. I was intrigued by the twisted front and was thinking it will look nice as a dress too. The top was simple enough with only 3 pieces - front, back and sleeves.
I've followed the instruction quite closely but I did read the reviews on the top and took some good advice to sew a 3/8" elastic band around the neckline instead of using bias tapes. The neckline is a bit deep so I did try to make it smaller by sewing the shoulder seam wider. I use size 8 at the top and 10 for the hip.
The top gives great shape and is really flattering to the body. Well, I'm definitely going to sew more from this pattern. I think I can do away with the Back centre seams next time.